Saturday, August 11, 2012

Prologue 2: The Rules

Once upon a time, I wrote long, weepy, self-indulgent blog posts. Not anymore. I hate reading the stuff (because hardly anyone is capable of writing a coherent thought), so I vow to eschew it in my own writing.

Rule #2: Again, Half as Long
A title, a 3-4 sentence introduction, one medium-long paragraph, and that's it. Short, simple, tightly written. If you want verbosity, I highly recommend Russian literature. But I will develop my themes over consecutive days, weeks, months or years. Ever read Doonesbury? Trudeau thought of one joke for the week and told it five different ways. I might do that. Or not. Unlike Dan Carlin, I might actually repeat myself. And I reserve the right in perpetuity to change my mind with or without warning and with or without cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment